We looking to recruit a High Voltage Systems Engineer, Senior Authorised Person 33kV. The role is primarily concerned with the operational effectiveness of the High Voltage Systems across our solar portfolio. The role will require engagement on O&M and repair of HV apparatus and ancillary devices.
We are searching for an experienced Senior Authorised Person 132kV/400kV based from any of our clients UK offices or your home address.
1. Taking a lead role in ensuring safety from the HV system on managed solar plants, including but not limited to:
2. Preparing, issuing, and cancelling safety documents
3. Carrying out switching, isolation and earthing duties
4. Carry out operation of the HV Systems in accordance with company OSRs
5. Acting as Control Engineer
6. Reviewing an approving Switching Schedules
7. Maintaining the asset register
8. Reviewing sub-contractor RAMS confirming competencies to allow the HV works under safety rules.
9. Producing in-house RAMS for HV scheduled works
10. Compiling and implementation of operational restrictions
11. Updating HV maintenance schedule
12. Uploading HV reports
13. Liaising with third party contractors to complete remedial works and upgrades
14. Compilation and production of remedial works quotations for use by commercial team
15. Assist O&M team technically during client calls
16. Liaising with DNOs
17. Carry out HV Assessment of high voltage apparatus in line with company practice for new site on-boarding purposes and follow up work- locks, signs etc
18. Ongoing training, development and HV technical support for field technicians as required
-Management and/or delivery of planned and unplanned maintenance activities on electrical equipment
-Producing final reportsOn-Call: the SAP is expected to participate in a call out rota to provide emergency response outside of normal working hours and weekends
-C&G / NVQ3 qualified Electrician
-Good mechanical knowledge
-Strong experience of works involving the O&M, repair and replacement of HV apparatus
-Strong technical knowledge around switchgear, cables, battery systems and protection relays.
-Demonstratable effective communication skills, both oral and written.
-High levels of organisation skill
-Ability to multitask whilst retaining explicit detail and focus on each
-Aptitude to recognise commercial impact of engineering-based works and notify internal parties
-Working knowledge of UK Health and amp Safety legislation
-Extensive knowledge and experience of working under HV Safety Rules
-Good knowledge of HV equipment including cables, transformers and switchgears
-A HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification, proven working background in HV
-GWO Training (desirable, however full training will be given)
-Hold a full clean driving licence to apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK